In the film An Education we can see representation from this theory for example we can see The College or her uniform as a signifier. The relationship between these two is a controlled and educated teenage life . I would say the relationship between the two is the education side, it shows girls heading for high grades and wanted to go to well known unis such as oxford. I interpret it as a slightly snobbish upper class British representation of what an education should be like.
Another scene you could apply this theory to would be the one where David is taking the family out, then Jenny find the letters in his car. This signified that David was married, which meant the relationship that he was a liar and a cheat. I interpreted this as David being a through and through liar as it isn't the first time he does it in the film, he cannot be trusted.
Monday, 29 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment